Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Saturday, October 27, 2012

4 Days In...

Well, we're four days in to our 50 states game, and it is off and running!  So far we have 3 of 50 states represented.  They are as follows:

New York  ~  Emily L.
Kentucky  ~  Michael L.
Kansas  ~  Janet Z.

We still have 47 states to go, so if you didn't see your state listed, you can still jump on board!

Okay, that was the update part of this post.  Now on to something even more fun.  As most of you can probably tell I (Nichole) do most of the writing on our blog on behalf of Daniel and myself.  The following however is Daniel...

This is one of my favorite quotes, from a man whose heart burned to see justice for orphans.  A man who didn't just talk-the-talk.  He walked-the-walk.

"I wanted something to live and die for.  I wanted something to breathe and to bleed for.  I'm not interested in trying to figure out ways to make my life safe and preserve my comfort.  I mean I find myself doing that because that's the sinful tendency of the human heart, but I'm fighting against that.  That's one reason why we adopt kind of in a radical way.  I just on purpose set myself up to where I got so much pressure, I gotta run after Jesus.  I just figure if I can outsmart my flesh, and plan ahead to where I'm in crisis and I need God to show up, then I'll make it - plan it out so it's too hard to backslide.  I'm just trying to outsmart the old man that lives inside of me. Which is wisdom.  It's making no provision for the flesh ahead of time."  - Derek Loux

PS... Can I get a brother (or sister) in California to represent?!


No comments:

Post a Comment