Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait!

Have you ever been to the airport?  You know how with so much of airline travel there is a lot of hurry up and wait?  Well, it seems that the adoption process is pretty similar.  I've been meeting and talking with others who are at various stages in the adoption process, and it seems the most trying times are the waiting periods.

It is like that now for us.  It feels very similar to the beginning of pregnancy.  You know how when you first find out you are pregnant, you are just itching to get everything ready for baby?  But it is too early to complete the nursery or do your registry list.  I feel that way now.  I am itching to do more!  We have had two fundraising events, and we have one more coming up, but it's the in between time that seems to drag.

I found myself in Walmart looking at all of the little girl toys and clothes and just wanting to buy things for our little one!  It will come though!  For now, our goal is to raise the funding needed for our paperwork, and once that paperwork starts, holy cow will that keep me busy! :-)

It has been good to have periods of waiting though.  God has been revealing my heart to me and teaching me things I didn't think were even a part of the adoption process.  Through all of the hurry up and wait, there is so much peace!  Yes, I am looking forward to the end of this journey when we will have our little girl home with us, but the learning and growing along the way is priceless.  I wouldn't miss one single part of this journey for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment